Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Better Way For Life

 My old pastor from further North in the state of Georgia once said IF GOD KNEW A BETTER WAY TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL, HE WOULDN'T ASK YOU TO DO IT.  Or something to that effect.  Actually I think what he said was IF JESUS' BLOOD DIDN'T NEED TO BE SHED FOR YOU TO BE FORGIVEN, HE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ELSE.  I think both of those statements are false.  I think if putting up with a sinful broken world is THE BEST thing, then, really, the term "best" should be re-examined.
A) God didn't smite us.  His heart grieves every tumble we take.  He puts up with this ingrained sorrow, some of it too big for us as humans to carry, some of it buried, some of it just lingering with like a ghost..
B) God sent Jesus to die for our sins.  Not everyone will be saved.  Many people continue to dwell in evil, act out of dark thoughts and intents.  Some of them even relish in it.  Many claim to be living in Christ but don't care about Christ or who/what He is.  God still refuses to smite us.  Yet.

Is the pain Jesus suffered really any worse than what God experiences in a daily basis?  Jesus' exclamation "My Father, why have you forsaken me?" was stated in a moment of absence from God's Healing Hand.  He was just as in The Dark as we were at that moment.  He suffered God's absence as someone who Knew God from the Inside & Out, the soul equal of a twin.  Except He was physically weak, with the same level of Need that humans have.  The difference being that Jesus was not accustomed that separation.  He knew fully what He was missing in that relatively brief moment in time.  Each second away from God required concentrated patience.  We as humans are away from God always, in varying levels.  Some of us aim to destroy that which God has called His.  Even those who refuse God and choose against Him are still made in His image and His desire for them to choose Him burns furiously.  I think one could say simply based on Jesus diety that simply getting smacked in the face by the Jewish leaders could have equated the 16+/- evil hours that were delivered to Jesus.  The pain we have and continue to have heaped on God is worth far more than 1 mere day.  But Jesus, despite His human vessel, was (and always has been) a deity and if everyone gets their fare share, Jesus is the definitive exception to that idea, which of course is false.  Jesus death was not fair.  It was an injustice.  But both He and The Father knew not a more effective way to both A) pardon sins B) dwell with His creation.  God could have just dismissed mankind's sin without notice.  He could have sent prophets to announce "Hey, do whatever you want, because Heaven's open for everyone!"  I don't think mankind would take that seriously either.  God would just as much a stranger to Man as he was before the arrival of Jesus.  But God doesn't just want to spare us Hell.  He wants to dwell with us.  He wants us to understand the depth of our sin, or at least appreciate the seriousness of it, even if we can't quite wrap our heads around how bad our behavior really is.  How would he accomplish that without sending Jesus here to prepare the way for The Holy Spirit and show Man the ugly truth of our sin?  I may be totally off mark.  There may be some supernatural power that dried up fossilized blood has against sin.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm only partially right.  Maybe just barely got any of this on the mark.  Maybe.  As for the Great Commission, We Are the NOT the best way to deliver God's words.  God wants us to be on the same team He is on, and delights in sharing with us the Power of Him with others and experiencing their presence and transformation.  God is the Gift, but we are called upon to Give Him to others.  Why would we hold back in carrying out this Great Commission if we truly delight in Him?  Do we WANT anyone to go to Hell?  I'd hope not.  In my case, I think I have some damaging habits that make me somewhat numb to the joy of His presence.  I don't think I've allowed myself to be equipped with the strength and might of God's joy to really feel like I have much to contribute.  If I were a millionaire, maybe, but evangelizing requires fundraising.  The best I can do is work on Myself from within, and Hope that someone notices.

No comments: