Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Romans chapters 6 through 8

 I was reading Romans Ch6 a little while ago, and, rightfully so, felt somewhat scolded by the lack of effort I've been putting into my sanctification.  I really had to latch onto the sheer hope that I AM indeed in Christ, since, if I were to merely focus on that chapter, I would not have much reason to do anything but blindly hope.  And I honestly don't think The Bible confirms that I am saved.  I don't know if I'm exhibiting the fruit(s) of the spirit.  Those around me might be better able to say, but there's only so much assurance I can have by the word of other people.  I mean, it's not as if Christians have never been wrong before...there's (supposedly) entire churches that are basically sending themselves to Hell...they certainly don't introduce themselves that way.  I personally am rather annoyed with this consistent belittling of "other churches" I keep hearing, but that's probably not relevant to anyone reading this...

 But it seems like Paul addresses the ambiguity of the Christian's state in Romans 8.  Which, as rotten as it is, does bring me a sense of hope for myself.  I do need to do a better job at laying aside the muck that lurks and flails about within me and say "NO!" to all that.  It is rather selfish to not do so.  I hope I can sometime sooner than later, today perhaps, and onward, find a willingness to say "NO!", to quit giving grimy sins the upperhand.

For my good and His glory.

 

No comments: