Tuesday, October 21, 2008

i found the cure for getting older...

[that's a Fall Out Boy reference FYI]

this is the best I've done so far at creating a playlist:

2001-2002

1) Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears
I remember seeing the video for this on VH1 Classic
2) In My Head - the Psychedelic Furs
This dude hired as a mentor (I would just flat out say "mentor", but he kinda sucked at his job...) had a huge collection of 80's music and music made by bands who were famous, more or less, in the 80's and WORLD OUTSIDE was one of them.
3) Gone Away - Cold
I remember hearing this and wanting to sing it to Megan Irvin, the biggest and twistedist crush in the history of mankind.
4) Hard To Explain - The Strokes
This band was all the rage back in the summer of 2002. I never got into this band the way all the critics and anti-emo/popsters did...but this song was pretty good.
5) Undercover - Pete Yorn
This is from the SPIDER-MAN soundtrack, which was OK, but I hated the film 'cause the romance between Peter Parker and Mary Jane just didn't come across that clearly to me.
6) Seein' Red - Unwritten Law
A perfect song for my hazy state of mind back in those days.
7) My 1st Trip To Mars - Atticus Fault
I've always been weird. But that year(s), I felt like I was almost levitating...
8) The Question - Familiar 48
This and the one immediately above it were both semi-popular in spring-fall 2002, they were constantly being played on MusicChoice, which is/was a series of channels on digital cable that play music while showing you the cover art of the CD its from as well as displaying the artist/album/track info, which comes in handy if you buy CDs...but after 2002, both these songs just kinda got buried under the rug...not sure what's up with that...
9) Forever Young - Alphaville
One of many songs I discovered via VH1 Classic. This one I actually remember clearly though...
10) Time Stand Still - Rush
I sang this to myself on the way home from the last day of school.
11) I'd Do Anything - Simple Plan
You hear me Megan?! I'd do anything!!!!
12) A Long December - Counting Crows
I heard this on MusicChoice and balled my eyes out so friggin' hard, thinking I'd someday soon be rich of my wonderful screenplays and be living in California without Megan. Gosh, my life has sooooooo changed since then. I hardly ever mess with fiction anymore, of any format, and I don't have any interest in living in California.
13) Fat Lip - Sum 41
"I don't wanna fall in love, be another victim of your conformity and back down"
14) In This Diary - The Ataris
I used to hate this song, but, really, it's pretty good. Granted, it's not the most articulate song, but you get the idea more than well enough. "Being grown up isn't half as fan as growing up. These are the best days of our lives".

No comments: