Sunday, January 24, 2010

out with the new(ish)...

forgot to mention; picked up THREE (3!) vinyl records (and $4.50 change) in exchange for the 3 CDS (and 1 DVD) I took to my local music store (Pmac!). You haven't heard the half of it though - the price tag was $0.99! That's NOT $99. That's NINETY NINE CENTS!!!! Key word: CENTS!!!!!! And ON TOP of this, they have a "20% off used vinyl" sale going on now, so they took $0.60 off the price!

And I haven't even told you WHAT vinyl records I picked up yet have I?

Michael Jackson - Thriller
The Beatles - Let It Be
Genesis - Duke

Speaking of MJ, I haven't seen THIS IS IT and I don't intend to. I have no interest in watching a 1/4 finished concert. If they could have pieced together all the footage they got and added in some CGI stage props etc., maybe they could have re-created the actual "THIS IS IT" experience, albeit in smaller form...needless to say, nothing can compare to an ACTUAL Michael Jackson concert, but at least we COULD see a recording of one...? Who knows when or if any of the respective parties will endeavor in that prospect...

No comments: