Saturday, March 6, 2010

"have lunch w/ my machine"



I'm supposed to call my bank back in about 5 or 10 minutes to see what, if anything, they can/will do to salvage what little funds I will have for the rest of this month. I ordered three CDs from Amazon late Feb and got a overdraft fee b/c of it, and the crazy thing is I decided they weren't worth keeping...so I returned those a few days ago, and am awaiting a refund...'sok 'cause I was expecting that. What I was NOT expecting was to have to set aside $30+ for a Disney DVD club introductory order that I placed and did not receive any email order confirmation suggesting that the order was successful and/or that they were going to charge my debit card. So after just about all of my money is spent on this and that THEN they charge my card, which should not even be possible b/c I don't have overdraft "protection"...so anyway...
My sister wired some money to me to cover it, but A) it was presented as a check and B) the check has yet to post and the aljljljs charge HAS posted! I should be able to pay the OD charge thingy(s) w/ my Amazon refund but I don't know how I'm going to pay back the wire transfer fee that my sister paid to the Western Union people. Guess that'll have to wait 'til April...
On the upside, I got my first poster since I moved here after months of deciding on one to get, and it's A) VERY cheap and B) FRAMEABLE!!!! I bought this THE DARK KNIGHT poster from Hastings (gohastings on the web) and it was in some crazy size that was hard if not impossible to find a frame for. This one is unlike that. I'll probably keep the poster sealed until I can afford to buy a frame for it. Also, my Mom loaned me $3.30 to buy David Lynch's LOST HIGHWAY from Big Lots. I couldn't believe it was even THERE and it was THREE FORKIN' DOLLARS!!!!?? It's a MINIMUM of three times that much for a used copy on Amazon.

No comments: