Monday, March 29, 2010

"maybe I'm dumb"

TWO CDs!  That's ALL I can think of that doesn't have traces of ingenuity or dullness.

They are:

American Football - self titled (1999, Polyvinyl)
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution (2007, Drive-Thru)

As for movies, I so wish I had my own theater - then I could watch A.I.: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE the way it ought to be seen - that film has such an expansive sense of imagery, it's visuals are BREATH-TAKING(!!!).  I've only seen it once (in theaters) and was blown away.  I don't get anywhere near as much out of a 2nd+ viewing of most movies, A.I. included.  No offense, Mr. Speilberg - well, not that he'd care since he didn't get all the money one could dream of from that film...what the heck was he expecting anyway?  The general public doesn't want art!  Didn't we learn anything from FANTASIA (1942)??!!  If Walt Disney hadn't become such a powerhouse name in the minds of the '70's beatnick generation, that film would still be stuck in the vault ... and yes, I know it's currently OOP, but it would NEVER have been unleashed on DVD OR VHS if it weren't for that chaotic period in time - 1963-1975.  

No comments: