Friday, April 2, 2010

in the 'spring'time...

yeah...um...

yeah, I'm on 90's nostalgia-high; I bought a "90's Radio" compilation from TARGET (0) (??...cruppy imitation, I know, go home...).  Price wasn't all that snazz, but IT'S A GREAT compilation.  I remember paying A LOT more for this mish mash of 90's gems that was like...idk; they just weren't sequenced right.  It was an OK compilation if you wanna use the helk out of your '<>' button and listen to one or two or so songs at a time instead of just sit down and go through a 'playlist' of songs, like you would with the radio; I know there's no official scientific order to the songs that are played on radio, but there IS order.  It takes a skilled ear to figure out what to play after Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" (1998) w/o playing THE SAME SONG each time, but such ears do exist.  
If you see eye to eye w/ me on this concept, here's the CD you might wanna stay away from - it's called FOREVER 90'S.  It sux.  I know about these things...

This one is called "90's Radio".  It's a good CD.  It looks really cheap and campy, and the description about "sipping lattes" and whatever is totally not in sync with the town I grew up in when those songs were discovered by me and my peers.  There may have been a Starbucks in town, but I sure as heck didn't know where it was...now we in Cape Girardeau are graced with three of them, if you count the "Barnes & Noble Cafe'", which technically ISN'T a Starbucks, but "proudly brews" Starbucks coffee...

But yeah...AND THE WEATHER!  It's like something out of a filmmaker's vision of Heaven, complete with requisite Enya songs etc...PURE MOODS prolly doesn't sound like a clear comparison weatherwise when you consider the music on the "90's Radio" CD that I just spent several minutes typin' aboot, but then again it's not like I listen to New Age all that much.  Heck, I've gotten sick and tired of the 1st PURE MOODS CD.  The follow ups were kinda bland, although the third one had its moments, namely "Porcelain" by Moby...

With the weather and this awesome 17-song CD, all is well in my world.  For now at least...

No comments: