Friday, April 16, 2010

these are my private things...

I'm about finished listening to Live's 1994 masterpiece THROWING COPPER and I can't believe how much I keep downing myself - I keep basing my future on the present.  I think "this sux...and then I'll die".  I guess life is like anything else - it doesn't last.  So, yeah, maybe a lot of my life will suck, with or without good things, such as a receiver and music..., but that doesn't mean I need to shut the good things out...I mean, yeah, the COST of everything is totally rediculous given how much money I will have been givin by the time I'm dead, even if I live to be 80+ (which given my current health is somewhat doubtful - I weigh 250 lbs apprx and that hasn't changed in over 2 months...) and how much time I will have spent using everything...but really, a CD, one that one doesn't listen to often, is typically priced as such - $5 or less including S&H, on Amazon...and a receiver encompasses ALL the music I listen to.  So that's not a bad thing to buy for $300 or less...of course, there's also speakers, but I just found a pair of REALLY high quality ones for a blowout price of $80 (MSRP is $400)!!  i don't know if my sister will be up to using her CC to buy them for me (I'd pay her back, of course, I'm no mooch...) but here's hoping for good news tomorrow morning or afternoon...I already have an SACD/DVD-Audio player.  Thankfully I (still) got that covered, even after several attempts at selling it.  One time it almost sold, but the dude quickly wrote to me telling me if I couldn't be sure it would arrive within like 5 days to just cancel the order.  So...I did...but yeah.  I don't know what it is, I just get in moods I guess.  I've been feeling really pessimistic about the future.  I guess that's not called for.  Not like it helps the time I still have on this Earth.  It'll be gone too soon, but it's gonna seem that much longer, and that much suckier (a VERY bad combo if I do say so myself...) if I don't try to progress...

This is only 15 CDs, but I might add more if I think of any that are worth anything...

American Football - s/t
The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We?
Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet
The Cure - Disintegration
Genesis - …And Then There Were Three…
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Volume One: The Shorts
Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Volume Two: The Longs
Genesis - Three Sides Live
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
Live - Throwing Copper
Alanis Morissette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Oingo Boingo - Skeletons In The Closet: The Best Of

No comments: