Monday, April 12, 2010

music...

After all these years of living with boomboxes and knowing there's another level out there, it comes as a rather depressing shock to find out that one of the best bands in rock's albums weren't even recorded in stereo!  I'm referring to The Beatles, although some of their later albums, their best ones in most folks' opinion, ARE in stereo, but my point is that "hi-fi" audio didn't exist for a LOOONG time.  Music, meanwhile, has ALWAYS existed.
  And what's more, most of the ***GREAT*** music of this day and time isn't owned by big-money-making companies with all the latest hi-fi auido gear at their disposal.  So: when I think of owning a receiver with speakers, instead of a DVD player thru TV speakers, it sounds rather sleek and chic, but what does it accomplish?  It doesn't make the music I listen to any more enjoyable...a boring CD is still a boring CD...
  speaking of which, why the heck is LastFM playing all this junk?  My Chemical Romance is NOT my cup of tea...I don't even remember the song they were playing b4 that one...I just "banned" the MCR song, now they're playing "Damn Regret" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.  Not a bad song, nothing envigorating tho...

No comments: