Thursday, July 1, 2010

penniless so soon? So?

My money's all gone...but I got a month of {up to} 7 MILLION songs to listen to...the whole world is at my fingertips...yep.  I spent about 15 minutes looking around in BestBuy, thinking I could get that AND a CD.  Turns out all i got was the Napster prepaid card...couldn't be happier!

I've noticed I get bored listening to albums...I always put one on, but lately I've been wondering "Why?  Why don't you just listen to LastFM or...something?"  Napster gives me the ability to listen to ANY song, ANY time, in ANY WAY I wish!!!

Then the thought comes that someday Napster won't be here.  When that day comes, I hope THE PEOPLE have enough guts to wage war...I mean, they could raise the price by thee or four times the monthly rate and that'd be worlds better than them going away...and they've been offering the $5/mo rate for over 2 years now, and the service itself has been around for almost a decade (I'm excluding the now-illegal/defunct service of the same name...) so if it ever does get shut down, either the economy will have changed in some way that makes it impossible for the service to operate, or the gov't will shut them down...things change. I'm fine w/ that (so far...).  But the gov't "cracking down" on too-good-to-be-true-ness is just unjustifiable.  The gov't already tried that with the internet radio companies and so far hasn't succeeded, and so it's a lot easier to bank on that sort of horror than the unforseeable (at least to a guy with my low-mid intellect) events that the tides of time may or may not bring...

I swear, this country could so easily turn into a war zone.  I, for one, don't have enough money to pay for every single song BEFORE I hear it.  There's too much crud I don't like, too much crud that shouldn't exist in the first place, and a MAMMOTH amount of mediocrity.  I'm not sure how much of a minority that makes me, but I guess it doesn't really matter.  Just about everyone was against the Vietname Conflict, but only a tiny handful of citizens stood up and tried to do something about it.

No comments: