Sunday, September 12, 2010

i hope i don't forget you

I remember
when my life changed; the view, the feel, the tastes, the scents
the air was crisp, the ground was cool
things were good, as much as they can be in this world
The sounds I heard made me happy; music was sweet

You were a friend to me, someone that made me smile and laugh
Someone who made me feel warm inside
That feeling intensified when you left
Now I feel indifferent, excpet when "Sixth Avenue Heartache" or some Wallflowers song plays on my system for the first time in a long while at such a right time

My all time greatest crush made me feel like nothing I've ever felt, before or since
She just about blew me off my feet and into the air
I stayed there for longer than I should have, lost and intoxicated
Now she means nothing to me, save the feelings I no longer feel or clearly remember

So it goes, lost are the ones who stay away too long, forgotten, meaningless

Except for those times when I come across a song when the air is moving just the right way, a song that strikes me like lightning

But as the time passes, those moments become fewer and farther between

I hope I don't forget you.

No comments: