Tuesday, December 7, 2010

double shot of happy!

Well, I'm listening to INVISIBLE TOUCH mini-LP CD edition and I can't tell any difference in sound quality on my super-budget PC.  Not sure if I could tell any difference in a "real" stereo set-up, but it's not worth finding out...INVISIBLE TOUCH is the only CD I have and plan to keep that's from the pig-out days of the major labels, when indie records were thought to be junk just to take up space & payola was king.  So I imported it to my PC and will keep it on there...
  But for those who actually HAVE $1,000++ to spend on hi-fi audio, NO JACKET REQUIRED, Phil Collins' (lead singer of Genesis circa INVISIBLE TOUCH) biggest and bestest solo record, is being released on 24 Karat Gold CD.  FACE VALUE, remastered by the same person, was released on the same format about a month ago and supposedly doesn't sound any better.  But all the same...
  And for those who are just into no-frills music, Avril Lavigne FINALLY has a 4th CD coming out.  I'll admit, her music doesn't strike one as earthshatteringly original or artistic or whatever, but each of her CDs (thus far) has had a point of interest; her debut was kinda like Disney-emo, her 2nd was slick and sleek pop-punk, and her third was just a crazy pillow fight.  Supposedly her 4th album will be more mellow and deep, at least that's what the wikipedia said about a year ago or almost.  She may have changed her mind about all that...the first single is apparantly going to be a "He Wasn't" type song ("What The Hell" doesn't sound like the name of a ballad does it?).  If the album IS mellow overall, I guess I can look forward to about a month or more of people giving the album 1-3 star reviews on Amazon b/c they bought the album expecting more of what they heard on the radio...
  I bought WHAT SEPARATES ME FROM YOU by A Day To Remember, 'cause I had a bunch of stuff to sell to Hastings (GoHastings on the web) and got almost $13 in store credit and it was only $8.99 NEW.  Maybe years from now that won't seem like such a steal, but right now Amazon can't even beat that and the marketplace sellers don't want to...oh, and it sounds like krap on my TV/DVD-player set-up.  Had to import that to my computer to get any use out of it.
  

No comments: