Tuesday, December 28, 2010

these are a few...

I got a $100 AMEX card from my grand father, who I'm sure will at some point want to know what I got w/ it.  So if no one else is reading this, at least I can look back on it for reference if need be...

1)  INVISIBLE TOUCH Genesis raglan shirt           not sure what raglan means, but it's a long sleeve shirt and it looks awesome!  It's very thin and doesn't quite fit me (yet?).  Hopefully my weight loss intent will become evident in the next few months and then maybe by the end of 2011 I can fit into it, have something to say for myself if the world actually does end in 2012...
  Amazon's "marketplace" seller, the well known OldGlory, will have you believe the shirt is worth $35, but I only paid $17.50 for it.  Go to BuyRockTshirts.com if you too wanna save some dough.

2)  a few CDS:  ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR - Marilyn Manson.  NO JACKET REQUIRED by Phil Collins.  COMMENCEMENT - Deadsy.  PALE by Toad The Wet Sprocket.  (total: apprx $17)

3)  a nice outing with my mother to Panera (fka St. Louis Bread Co.)  (total: apprx $23)

4)  an introductory package to Columbia House DVD club ($6)

5)  THE LAST UNICORN VHS (the only DVD editions out there are censored and/or full-screen w/ low resolution picture) ($2.99)

6)  A gift for my sister since I spent my "actual" money on other things... ($20)

7)  an online movie rental that I never watched plus a virtual ownership of REQUIEM FOR A DREAM ($4)

8)  four mp3s at HotTopic.com that i haven't figured out how to download...apparently I need to call them but I don't even care.  The songs are available for free elsewhere, I just thought it'd be nice to own them.  I gotta borrow my mom's cell phone to call them since she decided we should have $30/mo instead of phone service..

9)  one and a half mp3s at Amazon.com (I already had $0.30 or so left from an Amazon gift card I got from an online promotion company called Swag Bucks).  (total - prior gift card = $1.40 apprx)

I still have $5.50 awaiting expiration, since the biznss charge your card IMMEDIATELY when u place an order; the credit card/debit card that one uses typically doesn't give that money to the bizniss right away, but rather freezes the funds that cover the purchase, then the retailer for whatever reason has to request from the CC co. that the money be granted to them  If the retailer or whatever business doesn't do that, in this case within seven days, then the money goes back to my card.

I'm gonna use the $5.50 to cover part of a $128.05 transaction on ABT.com for a SONY mini-hifi music system.

My grandmother got me a $25 Walmart gift card that I sold to my mother for cash and my uncle Eddie got me an undisclosed amount; he gave my mother $40 and my mom gave $25 + $10.  Make of that what you will...

No comments: