Saturday, December 4, 2010

epitaph for a spider...

I had a couple books that I bought at Goodwill thinking maybe I could get some store credit or cash from my local media retailer (books movies music & games, both new and used) but my local media store (Hastings aka GoHastings dot com) wouldn't take a couple of 'em and only gave $0.50 total for the other two (I bought four (4)).  So I sold the other two to The Book Rack (used book store) thinking I would need to sell my store credit ($4.50) to someone (hopefully my mom...), but as it turns out I not only found a book that I can resell in itself (maybe even to Hastings! for a dollar at least, maybe $2+) but I had actually been interested in buying it for a couple months...the book, FYI, was called SPIDER by Patrick McGrath.
  There was this other book I tried/started reading like, idk, five years (?) ago, and had to return it to the library and couldn't for the life of me think of who wrote it!!!  Or even the name for that matter...the cover I remembered, and the little I read I remembered, that was all.  THAT book was titled EPITAPH, by James Siegel, who ALSO wrote a book that I ALSO tried to re-sell to Hastings from the Goodwill titled DERAILED, which I was only familiar with b/c it became a well publicized movie.  For some retarded reason, EPITAPH was criticized for being "too slow", which I kinda thought was the selling point...
  So I have two books I can read, and another to buy/read at a later time.  Yay!  that DERAILED book has been collecting dust for at least almost a month...

Oh, and I have no money now.  But i'm Ok.  That gift card my sister sent me for my b-day really paid off(!).

No comments: