Wednesday, December 21, 2011

STALKING BOOKS AT THE COFFEE SHOP

Now that I have my Roku LT, I don't need to ever buy a single thing from Barnes & Noble or any other media retailer.  No longer shall I consume my delicious latte and pretend that sucking it from the accompanying cup is not the only reason I leave my house.
  Wait, it's not the only reason for leaving the house; I still need nutrients to keep my body going.  If I wasn't living on food stamps I could order them from Schnucks and have them delivered to my door.
  If I wasn't too stupid to read, I could go to B&N and buy brand new hardcover editions of books by my favorite authors.
  At least I know I'm stupid; brick & mortar store owners will soon have the ground removed from their feet and complain about it, coming off bitter and arrogant.  The obvious truth is they could have invested their $ in the stock market like Warren Buffet and Martha Stewart did.  They either have some undefined prejudice against doing so or are too stupid to know how to do it right.  People like that deserve the minuscule amount of money that welfare provides.  The sad fact is they'll have the ground removed from their feet and no one will help them stand up because selfishness and blind materialism are a virtues in the eyes of lawmakers.

No comments: