Monday, September 1, 2014

Larry J. Ables, I must say, I may have over-reacted...

As much as I detest hypocrisy and lies, I don't think it's entirely fair to put all the blame on any one or more people.  How many times have I exaggerated to the extent of implausibility, for unsuccessful comic effect, or to display an emotion in a way that I felt made it more clear what I felt?  I don't even know.  I don't really idolize Ozzy or Def Leppard or any of those 80's "hair band" folks, and I think a lot of those bands are on the wrong path in life, putting sin and sickness on a pedestal, but I can't really complain too much, because most of the music I enjoy doesn't even pretend to be positive..."having a good time" doesn't really compute with me.  "Good time rock n' roll" seems ludicrous to me.  But that's a sickness in and of itself.  If Larry J. Ables is so thrilled at the prospect of owning a nicely packaged and mostly complete Ozzy collection that he's willing to oversell the product as being "the ultimate", I cant' really begrudge him.  It's not right.  It's hypocritical.  I hate that I have become what I despise most.  I'll have to keep watch on that in the future...

No comments: