Sunday, February 12, 2017

a new day has come...(that day is today)

Spent most of the service leaking like a faucet in dire need of repair.  I don't know why.  I guess I sorta do, but it's difficult to put into words...idk...I feel much better.  I prayed a not so reverent prayer to God around 6:30AM and felt more at peace reading His word, even though I still didn't understand much if any of it, at least as far as the Old Testament goes.  I am kind of curious as to the New Testament when Jesus said that heaven and earth will pass away but my words will endure forever.  I mean, words don't endure.  Words have contexts, and the context of Jesus' words were in the context of a temporarily earth-bound human's life.  Confusing.  It's that kind of thinking that gets me into trouble.  And it's why I'm not comfortable explaining why I feel better.  Maybe later.  idk.  But anyway...
Lend-A-Hand outreach/ministry is starting up soon again, I guess.  I think winter in Atlanta is due to end by early-mid next month and with all this climate discombobulation, it may even come sooner.  We have had a lot of spring-like days, but they've been spotted in scatters.  Weather's like a yo-yo.  It's toying with us!

I'll probably more consistently feel better about my earthly status as a Christian when I'm able to help out with that once every month for roughly half the year.  We wrapped it up in Sept of last year, after not doing it in August because of scheduling conflicts.  I really don't know why we didn't do it the following week or the week after that in August...unless I'm mis-stating that...it might have been scheduled for July and ended in August...I don't know for sure which month we concluded for the year on.

g'buy

No comments: