Thursday, November 29, 2018

birth of girth: "I'll fire you tomorrow"

Fire it or fry it...either way.

Been fluctuating weight wise.  I guess that's more than some ppl can say shortly after Turkey day.   I've read more scripture through the month of November than I did in October, which isn't saying much at all, if memory is treating me right.  Still very off course with it.  Need to do it.  Need to want to do it.  Neither seem to be motivating me to action.  At least not in an urgent sense.  idk.  Fooollishnesss!

Got $105 total for my birthday.  I have $2 of it left and I think only maybe $30 of that money was spent on anything of discernible quality.  And that's counting the portion I gave to the church.  It just seems weird that everything I want is either too damn expensive to even consider or it just doesn't feel right for me to buy.
I don't know why I was posting about my ideal bookshelf the other day, the other week, whenever that was.  I don't read much of anything except random stuff I find online while searching / researching products that I might buy someday.  I guess it's like a friend of my mom's once said -- "I think you like the idea of reading more than you like reading"  That's somewhat true.  I do like reading.  I even enjoy reading The Bible when I come across something that doesn't read like The Oxford Dictionary.  Sometimes I find myself having to weave my way into the words of The Bible, like walking through a dense forest and trying not to get my clothing snagged in a throny twig.  The New Testament definitely requires more of The Holy Spirit's presence than I've been asking for.  It reads like a rotating on/off switch.  Much of it is like a Hellfire sermon except it's not directed at anybody in particular for anything in particular.  Which is how any sermon is really.  It's not meant to be personalized down to a T.  Sometimes a specific sentence doesn't apply to you at any given moment.  All of scripture is applicable.  It's not up to the reader to determine how though.  So, enter The Holy Spirit, perfect timing, as the books of The New Testament had not been written as of its entrance to the world.

No comments: