Monday, October 26, 2020

aigg-2fer

 Was thinking the other day about that movie A.I., after I'd watched collectively over an hour of this past week, not yet finished with it.  It was a really great movie about the purity of True love.  It draws attention to the incompatibility of love to the propensity to doubt and to feel distrust and, later in the film, hostility and hate.  I don't think any non Christian will appreciate these parallels.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I wasn't only not a Christian when I first saw the film.  I was a true non believer aka atheist.  I had no problems with Buddhism because it didn't pose any sort of threat to my existence.  That is one of the reasons I don't believe Buddhism provides any substantial life change.  It gives "hope" of a life after this life, but I don't see people fleeing evil in order to appease Buddha or to get a shot at a better life.  The same cannot be true of Christianity.  Sure, there's a lot of people, mainly in places like The United States, that claim to believe in Jesus and have no willingness to obey Him.  And of course it's a fine line between being disobedient and being willing to obey.  I guess I sometimes straddle that line myself, often losing sight of how it really is, beyond the confines of my skull.  I do Hope to get better at that and I'm very thankful for the friend and counsel I have in a certain person who I don't know if I should name.  He is the pastor at my sister's home church and I've been gravitating to his preaching over that of my pre-COVID19 home church pastors', especially given the weakness of my old home church pastors' preaching in recent as of preCOVID19 weeks.  I was considering making my sisters' church mine but now I don't really go to church at all with COVID19, so I'm still needing to get to the ability of doing that and then discuss with people.  It doesn't look like my preCOVID19 home church really needs me and I don't do much with them outside of church anyhow.  I don't visit anyone or hang out with them except for lunch bunch which is only one time a week immediately following church and usually costs $8 minimum.  (sometimes up to $30 if I was generous toward myself on the food, depending on where we were planning to go x week).

Anyway.
I was certainly able to dismiss my hostility to Christianity as being based on counter logic, but I never was able to be content with that counter logic.  And now I see a whole world of beauty that I was never able to perceive when I read God's word.

On a different note, I don't have the URL and I can't find it doing a general web search, but Google showed me a news story from the WAPO about a cop that got fired for shouting support for Trump over a loudspeaker during a Pro-Trump vs Anti-Trump protest.  Ex-mayor Rudy Guilioni (sp?), who was present as a bystander, was saying he envisioned the scene being a campaign ad consisting of something to the extent of: 'What do we want for the next four years?  These nice Jewish people riding politely in their cars or a bunch of vulgar crybabies?" or something to that extent.  That got me thinking; A) President Trump is a not Jewish nor polite.  B) The raging foul mouths are not going to disappear and they are not all Democrats. 
Something else the article highlighted was the seriousness the NYPD was giving the cops' behavior in being political during his work shift.  WAPO was like "Well, they still support Trump, so why do they care?"  It couldn't possibly be the NYPD takes their job seriously, could it?  I mean, they're all a bunch of racists, so....
Ug.  Really ticks me off when someone tries to be a servant and gets backlash for it.  I'm sure NYPD has its' docket of racism to contend with, even violence/murder that stemmed from it, but does that really need to color the entirety of the PD?  I honestly can't speak knowledgably of the NYPD's integrity but I do know that not all police departments are steeped in racism.  Maybe a great deal of them are.  I know far too many people than I should being alive in the 21st century, creeping in on the middle part of it, who are subconsiously racist.  My brother in law and my gramma are two and neither of them have any real reason to be racist.  My gramma wasn't born in the south.  She does live on the very edge of the south, almost on the border of where the Union territory began, and has lived for some time but why does that contaminate her thinking?  I can only assume it's the influence factor.  Other people in the area have informed her thinking.  People she hangs out with and hears talking.  It's probably the same kind of thing in many/most police departments.  It's sad.  I don't think cops are knowingly racist.  White people do get shot by police officers, too.  It's not that black lives don't matter.  It's that life is not deemed precious by many these days and black people are perceived as a bigger threat than white people.  So while a white person who does a raised hand gesture with a higher octave might get shot by a police officer, a black person doesn't have to completely raise their hand even before getting shot.  That's probably an extreme oversimplification, but that's what I conclude based on the information I've read here and there.

Sorry to all whove been without my wowsings.  Not that anyone is really complaining, but....idk.  I had something a few days ago I wanted to post but I was either too tired or not at the computer..i don't even remember what it was.
sooooooo....idk.  Um...guess that's all for 2day.  Maybe...

No comments: