Friday, October 30, 2020

credit card trudgery

 Finally deciding to get serious about paying down my credit card debt....kinda.  I've been paying on it in spurts as I see money sitting in my account not in any real hurry to be spent.  A few dollars or a few dimes here and there...  This past month I've managed to pay off about $30, well before my minimum payment ($28) was due.  I just got November's money today, so I was able to buy a $25 book and an $8 concert video without really adding to my credit card debt.  Except that's not entirely true.  I'm expecting some refunds over the course of this next week and much of the available funds resulting from those will be going toward my credit card.  My Amazon credit card, I mean.  I also have $68 paid down on my WalMart credit card, $18 of which will be used to bring my debt down to the credit line.  Anoter $12 or so will go to interest generated toward the middle of the month and the rest of it will go toward the principle balance.  yeeks.
Anyway.
...
It's weird b/c from late Sept onto today, including the book and the concert DVD and everything I bought this past week, I only managed to add $55 of debt in total.  I paid down $20 of the stuff I bought today and the remaining $35 will be paid off closer to the middle of the month after all the refunds etc. smooth over.  And I'll still have roughly $18 remaining which I may or may not put toward the Amazon CC.  I should probably put that on the Walmart CC so I'll be better equipped to buy an Xmas gift for my Gramma this year.  I don't want to get her something small because I've been kinda neglectful toward her the past couple + years.  I don't even know for sure if she'll make it through the end of this year.  I'm all the more doubtful about 2021.  I don't think the rage people are feeling is going to be fanned any time soon.  It'll probably continue to get worse.  My Gramma will either be carried away with it and cause her health issues to be exacerbated or she'll be heartbroken by it and that won't help her health either.  And even if things do look up, her health just isn't what it could be.


Anyway.  It probably won't be until January or even March before any real evidence of stability in my credit card charging decisions becomes evident.  I have so many funding sources all scattered about at the moment waiting to come in and until they do, things will continue to be in dissaray.  And by the time December comes and goes out, I still won't have paid very much on either of my two credit cards, at least not compared to what I'm faced with paying off in total.

Heck, even by March I don't expect to have more than $200 paid off ,and that's a high figure.  I owe over $1,200.00  $200 is a drop in the bucket on paper anyway, although it's actually something like 20% which is not a bad #, but it's going to take a good while to get to that point.  Or at least it'll seem that way to me.


No comments: