Friday, December 4, 2020

"No, I'm your father"?

 https://getpocket.com/explore/item/10-examples-of-the-mandela-effect?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

You'd have to be pretty arrogant to "remember" any of these.  There was a time when I'd get the name of Jif peanut butter misspelled as JIFF, and there was probably a time before that when I'd just kind of assumed it was called Jiffy, because that's an actual word whereas JIF is just kinda like what the jiff?

What really gets me is the "Frowning mona lisa"  Mona lisa does have a forboding background, but the facial expression is not a frown.  If I hadn't seen it fairly recently ish, and someone were to ask me what the expression on her face is and I were guessing, I'd maybe say a frown.  That's not a memory.  It's called deductive reasoning.  It's not always accurate, especially when you're trying to deduce art.  Art is not meant to "make sense".  And likewise, if someone asked me if FOTL logo consists of a basket with the fruit, I'd probably say yes, kinda half guessing.  It's not like the FOTL logo is usually big enough to carefully examine anyway.  And so what if H.Lector never said "Hello, Clarice"?  He said "Good morning, Clarice"  Same damn thing!  You look up the definition of "Hello", it just says "a greeting".  At least that's what the dictionary I looked it up under said way back when before I had access to the internet.  And what does "Good morning" mean?  Well, it probably could mean all sorts of things, but it's basically -- "a greeting" --- same as "hello".  So, blow it, you stuphabs.

No comments: