Sunday, May 8, 2022

It's a joke

 https://www.etonline.com/amy-schumer-cancels-comedy-show-after-covid-19-diagnosis-183737

What the heck?   Netflix Is A Joke is not the same thing as Netflix is a Joke.  These publishers could have at least italicized the text.  It's not like it's common knowledge that there is a festival called Netflix Is A Joke.  I certainly didn't know that.  I figured it out, after rattling my brain trying to figure out what the hell I was reading.  I thought it might've been a typo.  The same exact article is being published at numerous outlets.  While reading the first one I came across, I thought it was maybe garbling up a sentence that consisted of an opinion.  "Amy Schumer had to cancel Saturday’s comedy set at the Netflix is a Joke festival -- after testing positive for COVID-19." Someone that doesn't know how to write or read English very well, which is half the internet, to varying degrees...even TIME magazine's online content is prone to have typos...could have easily taken a sentence akin to:

"The fact that Amy Schumer had to cancel Saturday's comedy set at The Netflix is a joke worthy of a festival..." and coughed up the above sentence.


Rg


No comments: