Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Aw, hell!

 I confess that I have difficulty fully agreeing with God's word..    I don't know if The Bible actually says this but it's Orthodox textbook understanding that every person who has ever lived either goes or went to heaven or hell and that nobody goes to heaven except people who trust in Jesus.  I don't know if that's true, but I believe it's true of me because I've hears the truth.  Weather it's true of other people is not relevant ultimately because it is a Christians 'duty to proclaim the excellencies of Him.  Believing the truth of God and dismissing that duty is, I don't think possible.  Granted, it is very possible to neglect the task, to have a greatness of difficulty recognizing and seizing opportunities as they arise, but to completely dismiss it and instead hide the truth for fear of condemnation of those who hear it is NOT in any way excusable.  You'd be trading your own salvation for a remote possibility that someone else might escape God's judgement on actions that they, if there's any lasting value in them, will recognize and repent of so that Earth will be a slightly better place to live in.  If enough Christians opposed evil, evil would cease its' grip.  But if the few devout Christians that exist refuse to do what they are ordered to do, to fulfill their very purpose in existence, to provide at least a smidge of return on the investment He poured into you/me, then what chance does life on earth have?  What chance will it EVER have?  The zeal of Christians jumpstarted orphanages, modern medicine, this nation [the USA](as rocky as it is these days, although everyone has it a lot better nowadays than the African Americans of 30-75 years ago (# of years more or less varies by the particular part of the area), even if their so profoundly spiritually def that they just don't know it or even care) and it's not because they kept their light hidden.  I personally am of the pursuesion that the world's end is at least somewhat near.. if I'm not a fugitive from the Antichrist by the time I'm 70, that's cool and it wouldn't greatly surprise me if I'm not, but I'd be at least a little surprised if my sister's grandkids, should it come to pass, live in security through their lives being Christians.  I don't know if my nephews will be saved, honestly, but I do hope so for their sake.  I hope my flaring tempers over the first couple years of my nephews lives hasn't got them off on the wrong foot.  🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

But regardless of my opinion, regardless of weather it comes to pass as I expect it or not, a revival is not out of the question.  If it is, no human being has any authoritative statement they can make about it.  God has His plans and such, but it's not over until it's over.


No comments: