Friday, June 30, 2023

The freedom of religion and speech....

 

I cannot believe the generic arguments that people come up with.  Gay people are not forced to live out their gayness.  Black people literally have no choice.  Hating black people is akin to hating your own self.  Black people are human beings that deserve every bit of consideration that anyone else does.  Granted, with enough money, given the technology we have nowadays, changing skin color is not impossible but hatred of black people predates that by many centuries.  It makes no more sense today than it did in the 1600 and 1700s.


Communities do have a right to deter people that they don't want around from being there.  If all the business owners in the entire state of Colorado were discriminating against gay people, gay people have two options -- move out or consider repenting and then do so.  If they repent and they still are not wanted in their community then that's just wrong and despicable but the government has no business getting involved in that.  

If a gay person is unable to find service, that's because their choices are against the standards of the community they live in. Gay people don't by any means deserve the physical and verbal abuse they've suffered over the years.  The laws against physical assault and murder should apply to gay people just as much as they apply to anyone else.  The fact that Emit Till suffered the way he did is an injustice that can never be atoned for.  It is beyond atrocious.  I don't believe there's an adjective that can describe it.  The only thing that can suffice are the screams of a mother having lost her child.  And if I could insert the name of a well known gay person that suffered similarly I'd do that.  I'm not aware of one although I do remember reading about a case in a non fiction book I was reading back in highschool but the specifics escape me.

I don't think it'd be right or justifiable for a full line grocery store to reject a customer for being gay, but again, the government has gotten way too involved in this.  I've heard people call me much worse things than "ma'am".  I don't know how sympathetic the Biden administration or anyone in that school of thought would feel about me going to court because of all the people who scorned me and humiliated me when I was in high school.  I experienced hatred at the discretion of numerous people.  90% of it never did and never has counted as "hate speech". If I brought the other 10% to trial, when people erroneously referred to me as fg-- it would be of no help.  People need to recognize their error.  Deterring people from saying what they genuinely think is not helpful.


No comments: