Monday, July 3, 2023

Another Discogs adventure

 This seller on Discogs sent me a CD with cover art that just barely by all technical strainings of the truth could have passed as being "accurately graded" with no stated caveats or anything of the sort.  I contacted him, yes, broaching the possibility of a partial refund without needing to endure the cost of returning it, which many sellers do prefer but I didn't get any reply from seller after half a day of waiting so clarified that IF he is willing to pay for return shipping, I could return both CDs, but I didn't get any reply to that either.  Got negative feedback, seemingly because I didn't give up trying to communicate with him.  I opened a PayPal claim and an waiting for that to be resolved.  He replied to that basically citing Discogs grading  guidelines that say, in part, NM sleeves can possibly have very light wear...  

:/

Update 7/20/23

Seller replied to PayPal claim and said I needed to send them back.  I did that and then upon receipt, he discovers one of the CDs is scratched when it was sold as NM, and instead of accepting the possibility that he made a mistake,  accuses me of switching out the CD, which I never had any reason to inspect because I just assume until / unless I find otherwise that the underside of a CD I ordered is A) going to look like every other CD underside and will function just fine.  I returned the order because of the cover art of the other CD.  Those two issues are quite different.  One is about... not entirely sure really and the other is about aesthetic.  A CD with less than great condition cover art is not going to have as good an aesthetic.  A CD that's scratched performs every bit as well as one that isn't.

Anyway... this purchase was an overall trainwreck. :/ 


No comments: