Thursday, July 13, 2023

Keep it a-jar

I don't understand how anyone can think of Donald Trump as a Christian.  Someone I know posted a meme saying not to judge people because they don't practice Christianity the same way.  I'll admit it's possible Donald Trump may end up in Heaven without any drastic overhaul of his position about things.  If I can be salvaged, given my slow-cooking feet-dragging repentance, I have no business assuming who will or won't be in Heaven.  But The Bible, at least to me, seems rather clear on the matter; you will not get into Heaven if you think you don't need to be saved.  If Donald Trump doesn't think he's ever done anything wrong, what is it he's trying to be saved from?  Other people?  "Judge not or you will be judged.  By the same standard you use, it will be measured to you".  If Donald Trump were not constantly verbally attacking other people, I'd say ok, he's forgiven other people, he's not comfortable living in a broken world, he wants saved from it,  he simply doesn't have a firm understanding about the nature of sin.  I can empathize with that.  However, if he's forgiven all the various people he's tweeted ugly demeaning things about, you'd think at some point he'd quit instead of finding new enemies.  Maybe he has.  I don't keep up with it that closely.
On the other hand, it's possible Donald Trump's seeming hatred of everyone who doesn't kiss his ats can be described the same way that blog post I put up yesterday was.  I don't hate my church.  I thought I'd made that clear, but I can see how some people might miss that nuance.  Gay people think they're being hated on everytime someone even hints that their gayness is disapproved of by God.  People who are rightly wrestling with their sexual deviancy are considered "hypocrites", and they are.  Any person who wants to be saved from the eternal damnation that God puts on people who don't ask Him for that salvation is a hypocrite.  That hypocrisy should decrease over time but sometimes giant logs like vindictiveness and sexual immorality can be virtually a lifelong process to pull away from.  I'd rather be a hypocrite than be 100% in agreement with a decaying world.

No comments: