Friday, June 6, 2008

big 80's/arena rock...

Well, I got that VH1 PRESENTS THE BIG 80'S: ARENA ROCK cd in the mail yesterday. I can't say I feel any strong desire to keep it. I know all the songs on the cD (well, all but two), but I haven't sought most of them out in a looong while...the only ones I've sought out on Rhapsody or anywhere else are "Land of Confusion" by Genesis, by default 'cause that song is on INVISIBLE TOUCH, and "The Heart of Rock & Roll" by Huey Lewis & The News, another song that brings me back to the feelings of my early childhood. The rest of 'em I don't even remember ever seeking; maybe "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar & "Hold On Loosely" by .38 Special, back when I was younger and my tastes hadn't fully developed.
I think the only reason I bought the CD was b/c it came out in 2000, and it was either during that year or the following year that I saw it at Target. It was a CD that I never bought, so even after it should have been clear to me that I wouldn't enjoy it, I still sought it out b/c there WAS a time that I wanted it but couldn't have it (my mother didn't give a very big allowance, so most of my belongings were at her discretion...).

No comments: