Monday, June 2, 2008

money money MUNI

Got my SSI benefits on the 30th; well, I didn't GET them, but they were available for me to use, supposing I had a bank acct and a car to get me to the bank in which my bank account resided...I wasn't really able to do anything with that $ 'til the 31st, at which I spent almost all of what I had ($70). I still have about $28.50 left. The stuff I bought was online, so it wasn't shipped until today, and, as you may have guessed, I have yet to receive it.
My sister, on the 31st, bought me a GREAT drink from a convenience store, some sort of latte'/capuchino; it was like less than half the price of a Starbucks drink and tasted AT LEAST just as good as one. If I had cash on me (I loaned my mother some $ from my pre-paid Mastercard that she has yet to pay back...) I'd go down the street and buy me another! She didn't get the one she got for me down the street from where I live, but it's the same store (at least by name anyway...).
I bought BRINGING OUT THE DEAD (1999) for at least the 5th time; I don't know why I sold my last copy, but I did...I decided since there's so much unecessary stuff I *COULD* buy but don't have any "real" reason to, I'd just go ahead and buy that. It's not as cheap as it was the last time I got it (the last time I got it the price was $4.88 + tax!), but it's a GREAT film and, brand new, I couldn't find it any cheaper; I have mixed feelings about the retailer I got it from (Wal Mart); on one hand, the guy that runs the place(s) is a greedy hog, but on the other hand, who cares? If I quit shopping there, the world won't care. This country is destined for failure b/c of people's apathy and hunger for things that don't matter...I can't imagine children growing up today actually understanding the world we live in the way it should be understood. But then again, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I don't think people like Sam Walton's son are new to the world...they've always been here...but then again, countries like Rome aren't new either...you know what I mean...(right?).
I also got a CD called "VH1; The Big 80's: Arena Rock", which, like, has a BUNCH of 80's classics. It's got a few not-so-classic songs, but even the not-so-classics are pretty darn good. I've grown to appreciate that song "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" by Yes...I still don't like it, but to deny the CLASSIC status of that song is just stupid...I also got a VHS copy of HEATHERS; it's one of those films that somehow manages repeated viewings without causing boredom. I guess it's the biting satire, idk; I haven't seen it in awhile. I remember the film making fun of people's stereotypes of gay people, how they supposedly drink bottled water and straight people don't...freakin' crazy I swear. And all the while, there's all these varying levels of madness circulating around all b/c people would rather fit in than be themselves. I still don't have a VCR, but hopefully that can be fixed sooner than later...I have a copy of E.T. that's been collecting dust for over a year and a half...
Since then I've just been trying to find a "meaningful" way to spend the day and survive this rising heat. I keep adjusting the air conditioner, hoping I'm not gonna feel like dying when the heat advisories get here...it's actually pretty mild compared to where it's gonna be in about a month or two...yet I still have the air condition on a setting higher than the lowest setting...I had it on medium earlier today, now I'm not sure where it's at...

No comments: