Tuesday, February 17, 2009

mysterious answers...

I got MYSTERIOUS SKIN (the Gregg Araki film, based on Scott Heim's novel) in the mail today. This is the 2nd time I've bought that movie. The first time I bought it was over a year ago (maybe?) and then I didn't buy it for a long time after that 'cause the first copy I bought had a dented case and I just couldn't handle keeping it on my entertainment center or bookshelf...so I sold it for $3 measily bucks (good think I didn't pay what most "major" retailers charge for it - which is usually AT LEAST $19.99 + applicable shipping charges...)...how am I to ensure any given purchase I make doesn't arrive all beat up? I got a fairly good deal on the 1st copy I bought, given the fact I didn't know it was all funked up, but the place where I got it from (eBay) kicked me off 'cause I wouldn't pay my fees RIGHT THEN AND THERE...and, in all honesty, I don't like the idea of buying on a website that got it's reputation from selling on eBay or Amazon...word of mouth and marketing is the way a business should operate, not by using someone else's reputation as the foundation of yours. If a business wants to sell on Amazon and lower the overhead by not having to maintain their own website, that's great, but it's just stupid to have a website that nobody would go to if it weren't for a different website...
bottom line is I didn't want to go to monstermart.com and buy MYSTERIOUS SKIN. 2ndly, I didn't want to doll $15++ on a dVD that I don't NEED to have (I don't watch the same movie that many times...) and then wait almost a month or however long for a friggin' refund and then do that a zillion times until I'M satisfied! After all, obviously nobody gives a crap about my satisfaction anyway...
but I got it in the mail today 'cause I had a $25 coupon that I was totally clueless as to what to use it on. so I got that and a CD for $0.34.
and WHAT DO YOU KNOW! the case is dented on this copy, too. See, not all superstitious am I? But whatever; looks like I'm never gonna have a "mint condition" copy of this cinematic treasure to behold and cherish...I might sell it on Amazon...maybe not...

No comments: