Sunday, April 5, 2009

Last Night I Dreampt Somebody Loved Me...

Once you hear one, you just can't stop! That would be what they put on the packaging of all The Smiths albums. I had owned "Singles" by The Smiths, but the opening track, along with a few or so other unessential tracks, kind of made the album a bit bland...but apparently most of the songs by The Smiths that I like most are to be found on 1984's HATFUL OF HOLLOW, their 2nd album, featuring variations of songs found on their 1983 debut. 1986's THE QUEEN IS DEAD has at least a few songs that I like, but I certainly won't buy that one, since the first 1 or 2 songs are not in the least bit good, IMO.
Anyway; for some reason one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers had a copy of HOH for under $8 (a good price believe it or not!; you can't find The Smiths' music just anywhere...); I say "for some reason" b/c Amazon has at least 3 item pages that appear to be basically the same thing, except they have different barcodes and one of them I guess is remastered or...something; I'm guessing the one I bought was an older pressing, 'cause there's absolutely no product information other than an ASIN and I don't even know what an ASIN IS...
So now I will hopefully have HATFUL OF HOLLOW shipped to me, either tomorrow or the day after that; if it gets shipped tomorrow, it'll probably be delivered Friday, but maybe sooner...mail's been kinda slow lately...I literally can not wait! I'm dling it through tpb right now...sure is taking awhile though...

No comments: