Saturday, October 31, 2009

[rolls eyes]

Yeah, music should be AMAZING, infused with life, infusing life unto said listener, and there are several CDs that have done that for me, but it all mostly depends on where I'm at in life and what mood I'm in. However stupid it is, nostalgia is probably the most commonly felt strong emotion I encounter. So I guess it's important, to me. So it'd be kinda dumb to throw away or discard music that has been pivotal at crucial points in my life...like the time I moved out from my mom's house in 2004, where Cold's YEAR OF THE SPIDER was a source of sympathy for that time. And the time I got my second cat, Harrison, and I felt sad that my First cat, Napoleon, wasn't getting the fulfillment I'd hoped he would because he was so angry at the situation. Aimee Mann's THE FORGOTTEN ARM was there for me then. And when I had recently graduated high school, Avril Lavigne's LET GO came out, and shortly before graduation her single "Complicated" was all over the radio. I've tried to remove any music that I have doubts about, music that I can't be sure of its emotional authenticity, such as Michael Jackson and The Grateful Dead etc., and have tried to remove any music that I've enjoyed purely for the "hype"/"cool" factor(s) and/or simply used it to pass the time away.

So here's the best I could think of;

  1. Armor For Sleep - Dream To Make Believe
  2. Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead
  3. Jackson Browne - The Next Voice You Hear: The Best Of
  4. Cartel - Chroma
  5. Cartel - Cycles
  6. Cold - Year Of The Spider
  7. Phil Collins - Both Sides
  8. Counting Crows - This Desert Life
  9. Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most
  10. Genesis - s/t
  11. Genesis - Invisible Touch
  12. The Goo Goo Dolls - A Boy Named Goo
  13. The Graham Colton Band - Drive
  14. Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
  15. Avril Lavigne - Let Go
  16. Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm
  17. Rush - Power Windows
  18. Saves The Day - Stay What You Are
  19. Semisonic- Feeling Strangely Fine
  20. Senses Fail - Let It Enfold You
  21. Simon & Garfunkle - Bookends
  22. The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
  23. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
  24. Third Eye Blind - Blue
  25. Toto - Toto IV
  26. Trespassers William - Having
  27. Virginwool- Open Heart Surgery
  28. The Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horse

No comments: