Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A "Crash" course in shipping...

My sister used her debit card - I don't have one, I finally will be getting one soon tho(!!!!!!!) - to buy J.G. Ballard's CRASH in hardcover on my behalf.  I somehow managed to find it for $6 w/ S&H.  This edition of the book typically goes for $40 on up.  So I figure I can have it to read until someone else buys it from me (on Amazon) and if I'm not totally disappointed with the book by that time, I can rebuy at least one copy, maybe two - one for display and one for reading - and have a few+(++?) dollars left over...
I was worried the seller wouldn't ship the book after realizing they were offering it for too low of a price...one thing looks promising though and that's the fact that the seller's Amazon listing for the exact same book was taken down.  There's still time for them to cancel the order and try to sell the book to someone with $40++ falling out of their pockets...I mean, ya know, nothing's final 'til the book ships, and even then I have to receive the book, safe and sound, neither have happened yet.  So I'm hoping still...anywaz...

No comments: