Tuesday, February 5, 2013

do I need a reason?

I bought Ra Ra Riot's THE ORCHARD (2010) and The Vaccines' WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM THE VACCINES?, the former of which I assumed was another garage-rock revival band (never was much into Franz Ferdanand or The White Stripes, The Hives or even Oasis) and thus never paid much attention to, but, out of boredom and it being on my recommended listens from Rdio, I gave it a try.  The Vaccines WDYE was something I listened to but never got around to buying.
I also bought four songs from This Day & Age's ...ALWAYS LEAVE THE GROUND (2004), which i first heard about a year ago(?), and didn't feel too worried about buying it b/c it was so dirt cheap used at Amazon and the only way to get it so that the artist didn't fall totally off the face of Earth was to pay $10 for the digital download - $10 is a big chunk of change for me, BTW.  eMusic - where I got all of these songs for $16.49 with the eMusic Lite monthly plan + a $10 booster pack - has it for almost half off.  I also bought "Heartbreak Beat" by The Psychedelic Furs and track 2 from the album it came from (1987's MIDNIGHT TO MIDNIGHT).  It seems like I bought something else on eMusic, but it isn't coming to mind...

from Sears' online site I pre-ordered Trespassers William's ex-frontwoman's solo project's second offering THE BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS.  And I finally gave up and ordered Breaking Benjamin's long-ignored-by-me SATURATE, which you may recall me talking about yesterday.  I was hoping to wait until I had accumulated a $5 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks, but on 2/3 cyberzoo via the Amazon Marketplace had 4 in stock.  Last night they had 1 in stock.
  That's all the physical media I've bought.  Otherwise, it's been purely digital.

I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I think of owning certain combinations of music.  I don't have a clue why.  There's very little reason to buy the music I want to listen to in the first place, aside from the fact that I don't heavily enjoy most of it, there's the fact that it won't be available for much longer, and the fact that Rdio offers it all for $5/mo.  If the world weren't setting itself for total destruction, I'd consider the longevity of Rdio, but...
  
Breaking Benjamin - Saturate
The Cure - Disintegration
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
Idlewild - 100 Broken Windows
Idlewild - The Remote Part
Trespassers William - Having

oooh...aah...

No comments: