Wednesday, April 10, 2013

chop, chop

I had been noticing the past day or two that my thoughts and feelings had been becoming more akin to a liquid than a solid.  Not sure if I can appropriately elaborate.  My psychiatrist asked me to and I told her my memories are becoming more blurry, both in terms of the events themselves and the order they happened in vs. the way they are remembered.  So; she decided, to prevent a potential snap in my mental stability, I should go from 5mg to 7.5mg, which means I now have to break out the pill cutter b/c nobody makes that medicine (Abilify) in 7.5mg form.
You'd think Medicaid would stop paying for Cymbalta, as expensive as it is -- last I remember, it cost $600 per bottle, which is about the size of my cash benefits from SSI.  It seems like if someone were to go balistic and get thrown in jail b/c they refused to take their medication, that the gov't would be saving money by paying for x person/people's prison expenses rather than providing $710 (as of 2013) for x person/people's ability to "get a life", and by "get a life", I mean having your own space and choosing your own food, wearing whatever clothing you wish to, and, if you're smart in finding a place to live & don't pay a rediculous amount for rent, you can even have $100 or so to engage in the marketplace i.e.: Best Buy, Target, the non-grocery section of Wal-Mart, etc....
Granted, $100 is very little, but there are people out there who make even less and don't even know if they can rely on that.  Twice, the long term unemployed have had to wait for congress to announce approval to extend unemployment benefits.  There is some concern that I won't have the luxuries that I currently enjoy, but that is mainly due to the reality of the government's spending habits and their disregard for the fact that WE THE PEOPLE OF THIS GREAT NATION WILL INHERIT THE NATIONAL DEBT WHEN CHINA DECIDES NOT TO LOAN US ANYMORE $$$.  And of course The Bible predicts that in such a scenario, the AntiChrist will rise and I will have to choose weather to accept the Mark of the Antichrist and continue to live out my days or be killed, and possibly be tortured beforehand, hoping that my soul isn't too filthy to be saved. 

Anyway;

Um...seems like I had something else to say.  In any case, I will be back, provided the power doesn't go out.  The clouds have been showing clips from GHOSTBUSTERS II the last couple days.

No comments: