Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Paste and go - DV62si

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006JPDI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=8LLBKRGJ8M9S&coliid=I1NFB4P6K8J9K

I want these speakers.  But I can't imagine anything good from coming out of $150 that is meant to enhance the sound of music - music I get bored with so easily.  Then onto the next CD.  I would get those Sennheiser HD 202 II headphones, but I don't know squat about the quality of my computer's sound card.  WOULD it make the music any more enjoyable?  It's hard for me to say.  Someone said don't bother trying out pop music on an audiophile set up b/c pop sounds good on anything.  I have a TV with only one audio jack, meaning one channel, which means one half of the sound comes through.  I don't know if most major label recordings put most of the sound in both channels or if my TV just does a good+ job at simulating stereo, but either way, I'm able to hear over half of what I normally hear on Oingo Boingo's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF and aside from some muffling and lack of punch, Genesis' INVISIBLE TOUCH sounds very good too, probably 85% of the stereo recording comes through my "standard" definition oldskool style TV (a hammedown from my gramma).  I'm sure there's room for growth given my pathetic listening set-up, but I can live without it.  I'll be at the mercy of my sis to keep from being homeless circa 2025 unless the gov't actually does something to keep welfare from running itself dry, and the deficit problem, if not taken care of, will result in countries ceasing to loan us $, and the taxpayers are going to have to deal with it.  According to what I've read, electricity and groceries will become almost impossible to afford unless you're in the upper-lower class or higher, and even those in the upper-lower class will still have a difficult time paying their bills.  My sis is making a modest sum of $ right now, which will probably grow into a modestly high sum of $, and since the economy is in a rut right now, it looks like she probably won't see very much increase in her salary after she gets her first salary increase demanded by her college graduate status, which is still about a year away.  I mean, I could be wrong.  If she maintains what she's earning when the economy hits the fan, and she's working in St. Louis instead of Georgia, she might find herself appreciated and needed enough to keep her job.  Weather they'll cut her pay is another story, but the cost of living in Georgia is higher anyway, but I don't know what I'm talking about b/c I don't really know the specifics of how everything will pan out.  It probably depends on what kind of company my sis is working for.  While in Cape Gr., she was working for this recently launched employer-screening assistant, and I don't even know if that company is still around.  Last I heard, he was really struggling.  This was around 2008 or 2009, before the gov't declared we were no longer in a recession.
  I got my $ today.  I spent $11 of it all at once, out of $90, $32 of which I owe my sister for, so I could have these shoes I'm currently wearing.  I bought two pairs during Payless' BOGO1/2OFF sale.  $32 was the cost of a gift card valued at $40 via the great ABCGiftCards.com.  Beyond the $40 GC, my mom put in $3.76 or something like that (I never can be sure of the exact amount...).  And having never shopped at Payless.com (I used the ship to store option, free!), Payless offered a 20% off coupon, and between the gift card's discounted price & the 20% off, I saved my ass $22, bringing the cost from $56 to $34.  Yeah, you were thinking "oh, $22, so what"  Sounds a bit different when it takes the price of two pairs of shoes already discounted into a whole 'nother price range doesn't it?  FOOAH!
Anyway.
I also owe my mom $11 in groceries, and I owe my bank $2.25 and I owe Amazon $1.44.  I do still have $16+ to spend on other stupid stuff.  The $11 I already spent was really stupid.  I bought a grilled cheese and two chocolate covered rice-crispy treats.  I also bought a bottle of Starbucks.  If I'd have not gotten the Starbucks and left it at ONE CCRCT, I'd have spent $5 less.  The cashier tried explaining I'd have a $0.50 surcharge for buying less than $5, but I didn't know what he was saying b/c I wasn't listening carefully enough.  And after I bought a 2nd rice chocolate crispy whatchcallit, to avoid the inability to buy the 1st one, I was then informed of a grilled cheese sandwich.  I could have saved myself $5.50, if I'd known that was on the inventory/menu since that would have brought the total to over $5 and circumvented the need to spend $2.50apprx to avoid a stupid $0.50 surcharge.  I thought he was saying there was a $0.50 surcharge ON TOP of the $5.  Frrr.  Of course, by the time I figured that out, I'd already made up my mind.  Brrg!!
Ok, happy thoughts...: I still have $16.  I plan to send at least $8 of that to my sister on top of the $32 debt paid.  that will be used to buy groceries or whatever higher need might come when I'm at her mercy.  Hopefully I'll be able to settle into one meal a day.  I sure as hell won't be able to be gazing at the pantry whenever I get bored and making myself cream of what or sandwiches at a whim's notice.

No comments: