Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Listing The Skeletons @Closet!

I feel the hope of a nerdy chuckle when I think of owning BEETLEJUICE and CASPER on DVD or BD.  Beetlejuice, while a good movie, is of particular interest to me because the priest that attempts to wed Beetlejuice and Lydia looks A LOT like the butler from the front cover of SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF OINGO BOINGO
And CASPER is almost like a spin-off of GHOSTBUSTERS...it features a cameo of Dan Aykroyd as Ray Stantz, all decked in uniform w/ proton pack & NEUTRONA(googlestopit!) blaster.

Ah,,,,so much shiny diamondness dangling affront my face, waiting for me to grab it...when one is low on money, it's easy to realize the shallowness of this way of living.  Not to easy when you're able to bounce from spectacle to spectacle...a book titled SOCIETY OF THE SPECTACLE discusses this; and it was written in the '40's (say wha?)


THE HEART OF ART/THE ART OF HEART [music/movies]
  my tops:
  1. American Football - s/t
  2. Chevelle - Vena Sera
  3. Phil Collins - Both Sides
  4. Genesis - s/t
  5. Genesis - Duke
  6. Genesis - Invisible Touch
  7. Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Vol. 1: The Shorts
  8. Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Vol. 2: The Longs
  9. Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
  10. Idlewild - 100 Broken Windows
  11. Idlewild - The Remote Part
  12. Oingo Boingo - Nothing To Fear
  13. Oingo Boingo - Skeletons In The Closet: The Best Of
  14. Trespassers William - Different Stars
  15. Trespassers William - Having
  16. Various - Teaching Mrs. Tingle OST

  1. Batman
  2. Bringing Out The Dead
  3. Clockers
  4. Forrest Gump
  5. Ghostbusters
  6. Ghostbusters II
  7. Gremlins
  8. Home Alone
  9. The Last Unicorn
  10. Less Than Zero
  11. My Girl (1991)
  12. Mysterious Skin
  13. Requiem For A Dream
  14. Taxi Driver (1976)
  15. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

I bought Nirvana - Nevermind and Mayday Parade - A Lesson In Romantics late last month, as I reported a few or so days ago...Nevermind looks cool on my cd rack...A Lesson In Romantics is starting to annoy me.  I keep feeling tempted to put it in my BD player and listen to it, overtly tolerating the opening "Jamie All Over", but finding myself trudging through "Black Cat" and just going through the motions with "When I Get Home You're So Dead" (track #3).  Rrg...

It's been...THREE! days since I "settled" on a combination of items to order with GHOSTBUSTERS 1 & 2 BD set - I chose The Chain Gang Of 1974's DAYDREAM FOREVER and Slaves' THROUGH ART WE ARE EQUALS.  I need to learn to keep my desire for art and my desire to go to Heaven separate.  I don't spend enough time worshipping God.  I don't love God, as far as I know...maybe I do, but if so, I'm not aware of any evidence of this.  I feel indifferent I guess...idk...I don't understand God.  I may not understand my mom, either, sometimes, but my lack of understanding my mom isn't any more than my lack of understanding myself - why this, why that?  Nobody knows why anything.  But I don't remember not knowing me.  I may not know how to explain myself to people, I may not have all the bits and pieces analyzed for the president to look over, but I know me.  I know me b/c I live inside me.  I am inside me.  To go outside of myself would require my body to function without a brain.  I don't understand how other people can feel any good will come from encouraging me to "reach out and get to know more people"  What people?  People all have friends, they're own social group.  What do I say to people I don't know?  Nobody cares about me.  Nobody wants to know how I feel.  Where do I find people who might even pretend to?  I go outside all the time.  I walk to and from video stores and grocery stores, etc....I don't even see anybody walking 75%+ of the time.  The fellow pedestrians that do exist from time to time...they don't mean anything to me.  And I'm impatient.  A growth in my connection to God will still take at least a couple years to develop, all the while this friend I've made hypothetically speaking may not even be a Christian...which could be a good thing if I succeed in steering him toward the light.  But why would I do that?  The only reason I'm trying to be a Christian is b/c I don't want to go to Hell. 
But anyway.  My time is vast and I've nothing to do with it except listen to music.  The Christian Rock out there is mostly boring.  Regular alternative and mainstream rock is also mostly boring, but I know my way around it better, and can find music that I like based on other music I already like, going to Amazon and finding recommendations, which admittedly are mostly useless, but sometimes I do find something worthwhile scouring through pages upon pages of 'em...
  Anyway, I'm sick of THROUGH ART WE ARE EQUALS, and I'm getting there w/ DAYDREAM FOREVER.  Rrrg......

No comments: