Wednesday, November 5, 2014

clock & dagger

The clock is my enemy;
here it is, 4 o' clock sharp and my veins are on fire
life is good
but for how long?
Where the hand lands nobody knows
The ticking is winding down
Very very slowly
I feel tired
Just a tad
I'm having a good time
But I should be in bed
Fearing the future of daybreak when I need to wake up but can't
Because I'm not in bed now
Maybe I should have bought some tranquilizers
Can you get those without prescription?
I usually don't have this problem
I never want to sleep
But there's times when my brain is about to shut down and I go to bed
Something about sleep begs comfort
Tradition perhaps?
Can't fight it
I need my blanket, I need my bed!
I'm not tired though, so why bother?
I'm getting there, but it's almost daybreak
It'll be noon before I awaken again
And then I'll go back to bed even later!
Whatever will I do?
I have no life, no schedule
With the exception of Sunday morning and Sunday evening
Maybe this insanity will wind itself around to normal by then
I worry too much

No comments: