Tuesday, January 30, 2018

IT (2017) seeing it to know.....

I got IT in the mail...a week ago?  I don't know.  I watched about half of it the first day.  Since then I've been busy....doing what?  Beats me.  This & that.  Shopping mainly?  idk.  Got a $200 credit line increase late Saturday.  I knew i was going to spend it, so I tried to think of something important to spend it on.  Nothing was coming to mind except this $60 Stay Puft Marshmallow Man light up statue, which I don't need.  YES, BOW DOWN TO GOZER.  Pass.  I instead decided to buy a bunch of...gift cards (see giftcardgranny.com if you're not a longtime devout reader....{shudder}), which I've spent only a small bit of.  One of them I actually sold for most of what I paid for it, and haven't yet been paid for it (10-14 business days...rrrg).  I did spend most of the $50 worth of Amazon gift cards....not on anything real significant....
In the midst of all this mouse-wheeling, I realized I should treat others as I'd like myself treated, and figured if I"m going to accumulate debt that I may or may not be able to payback before I die, I might as well not leave out everyone else.  So I did what some would call an abomination to the cause, and I gave Salvation Army $50.  That, to me, is a lot of $.  Thing is, I would have virtually wasted that $ on myself.  I don't need anything.  I don't have a yearning for anything that actually exists except God himself, which is a ways off.  I have to commit myself to sanctification and even then I won't have 100% unfettered access to God, the Heavenly Father, until all of this has passed away from my sight and hearing.

I have a Rhapsody subscription, finally.  Spotify's app no longer is functioning on Roku or my LG Blu ray player.  They're supposedly going to bring it back, but I don't know when.  I have a free trial to Spotify, but I have to have my computer on or drain battery the speed of light AND put up with subpar audio quality if I'm going to rely soley on Spotify for listening to CDs I don't own / can't afford.
Really wanted to listen to SONGS FOR THE NIGHT DRIVE HOME by Anchor & Braille, a one man band consisting of the former lead singer of Anberlin.
I couldn't figure out what other items to buy w/ it that would be worth it.
So I just signed up for Rhapsody.  Their LG Blu ray player app is miles ahead of Spotify's Roku app.  Spotify deacted their LG BD player app several months before they de'd their Roku one.  Their Roku app is pathetic.  Their LG BD player app was much better.  Rhapsody never had a Roku app to my knowledge.  It'd be cool if they did.  I don't know why they don't.

I guess that about sums up life since my last post.
Sunday was awesome.
Was greatly welcomed by God while I was reading His word, started Ecclesiastes.  I'd read it before, but had a skewed memory of it.  It really is more than just a bunch of wiseoldman quotes.  It does read rather repetitively and poetically, but there's a lot of just plain old instruction and advice in the book that really means a lot, given the background with which it was written.  I was telling one of the senior church members that I probably see a lot of myself in Solomon.  In hindsight, I do wish I was more like David, but I don't know if I can say I **want to be** more like David.  To be is to act, and to act is to do.  I don't *do* things.  I don't take initiative and do what needs to be done.  I don't know why.  I really don't.  I read God's word and I really don't think me and King David would get along one bit.  But surely he is in Heaven.  I'll meet him someday, weather he wants to meet me or not, unless God decides to separate us to avoid fights breaking out...."You don't belong here!  You see this?  This is the slingshot I slayed Goliath with!  You see my spit?  By the power invested in me..."



No comments: