Wednesday, April 14, 2021

"punishment" vs. "discipline"

People talk about the difference between a punishment and discipline.
Just get this -- when I say PUN ISH MENT --  I mean PAIN!
Yes, you're doing it "out of love" if it's a discipline.  So what?  Does the pain feel different then?
PRISON is pain.  SPANKS are pain.  THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT will be painful (probably more so)
HELL is is also painful and cannot be made comparison to because nobody who is around can testify about it.  The Bible doesn't talk much about it except to say it's a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth, which is also what Earth is, depending on who you talk to and when you're talking to them.

 "God disciplines his children" (paraph) ---- It is good to know the reason why God hurts us, and someone who is loaded with love for everyone and everything can totally ignore the first hand matter of pain but that's not me.  I cannot say that I am void of "what's in it for me?"  I think anyone who says they are and directs others to be likewise is a complete liar and a hypocrite.
Yes, we should be willing to sacrifice (at least) some of our time for the greater good.  And when I say "Our time", I don't mean "We created it"; I mean "WE OWN IT".  Gifts are not owned by their givers.  Any such gift I don't even want.  If it's not mine to freely determine what to do with, then keep it! A "gift that you might want back someday" is not a gift.  It's a loan.
God does technically loan us what we have.  But that's only because everything in this planet we live in is tainted by the same sin that dwells wildly within us.  Anything we could possibly want and more is waiting for us in Heaven.  The best music, the best sculptures and paintings.  It's all there.  My collection of Ghostbusters (TM) toys are nothing compared to what God can fashion.  Of course, The Bible doesn't say that's the reason everything on Earth will be taken from us and destroyed at some point............

No comments: