Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Glorified coasts

This book I'd been kinda half heartidly "studying" observes that "Nothing coasts toward order".  Yet I coast.  I don't know any other way, really.  I don't feel the strength to pull up straps and walk boldly forward.  It seems like the answer is always "Ask God" but of course I'm writing this instead.................Made to sound so stupid simple, yet it's nothing of the sort.  Jesus half brother James said you cannot have any doubt when asking God for something.  Yet I have no reason to believe things, individually or collectively, will be this way or that way.  Yes, I know we as human beings are to blame for that.  What else is new?  Nothing.  Jesus came and elevated many sects of society, one of which I grew up in, and nothing has changed.  I live in a society that has had Jesus well before I was born.  Jesus didn't change the United States.  He changed the nation of Rome and continues to push on through the world but nothing in my life has changed.  I have to ask, but what kind of jerk asks for something EXPECTING to receive it?  Does The Bible not say "God resists the proud"?  And that's GREATER grace(!).  It would be just plain murdering Jesus for me to expect that my prideful self will receive anything I ask of God.  So what?  I ask God for humility?  How?  "Humbly"?  How does someone as arrogant as I "humbly" do anything???  If I'm not temporarily transported to another vessel, how do I void myself of pride so that my prayers are not resisted?
My go to Pastor these days talks about when The Trinity looks at me He doesn't see all the mistakes I've made but sees Jesus.  Well, how does He know I'm a sinner if He doesn't see my sin?  I'm guessing what he means by that is he doesn't count my sin against me but instead imputes Jesus' righteousness to me.  In fact, I think we've had that conversation before, but the intended meaning doesn't come through when I hear it said the way he typically says it and he's constantly using that exact explanation, as if to say God is blind or willfully ignorant or something...neither notion seeming Biblical to me, at least, although specific scripture indicating such escapes my mind at the moment unless you refer to Old Testament scripture, where things get a bit vague, as there are VERY few people in The OT that God even suggests went to Heaven.  If you merely go by the text, it'd seem as if Adam & Eve went to Hell.  I personally can't say if they did or not.  It doesn't seem to me like they did, but who am I to conclude such a thing without any doubt?



No comments: