Saturday, December 10, 2022

Emo stuffz

 I'd remembered reading about a band fka December's Tragic Drive, and for some reason the piece of musical composition that band name was derived from replete with discernable words just runs through my head when I think of pre-emo (not sure what else to call it...ya know, the emo that existed before it became a commonly used word).  I just now was thinking "What was that band?!". So... I looked it up.  Viola!-- 'twas The Appleseed Cast, makers of the album SAGARMATHA.  I haven't really latched onto their other stuff even though they exceeded that album seemingly at least twice, based on what I've read.  I'm not a big fan of SAGARMATHA either.... it's a good album to listen to while trying to fall asleep.  I don't have an easy time being wide awake and listening to it.  It's very repetitive and a tad minimalist.  But it does have a good build up effect.  Eh.. anyway...not much else to say...kindofa footnoty blog post. 


On the eternal side, I almost succumbed to temptation last night.. I was dreaming about something and woke up worked up over it.  I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and that's what saved me from plunging all the way with it.  So...I did manage to go over 48 hours successfully... almost 60 hours, I think (2.5 days).

Actually, I just remembered....that is not true ...I did venture into and latched onto that line of thinking Thursday night for about half an hour...I didn't look at anything real serious...but my mind was not where it should have been...I was watching a movie I'd rented and was a little bored with it save for the possibility that was insinuated throughout the movie of some hot action being exhibited...   I should have just turned my back on the movie tho.  If I had been truly engaged with the movie, I would probably still be guilty of having my mind in the gutter but at least I wouldn't be completely and inexplicably wasting my time.

No comments: