Saturday, May 17, 2008

cc

I got a "pre-approved" offer for a credit card...this time I decided to sign up for it, since it had been awhile since I got one (not that I blame them; I have like 100 different debts...). the main idea I had when I signed up was to get a shelf system with it, one that I saw on Target's website, then looked for at other sites to see if there was a better price. Circuit City has it for $125 w/ S&H & tax and one reviewer at some site I looked at said it would hold up through the years. My mom has a shelf system from the same company (SHARP), and it's lasted her almost 10 years.
The thing is this: I don't have a lot of CDs anyway, and I don't know what to add to my collection to make it more significant. And I'm not THAT picky about sound quality, so you'd think a $20 (or maybe $40) boombox would suffice; thing is, just about every boombox I've looked at has like a 2 1/2 star average rating on sites like Amazon.
Plus the card has a $150 annual fee, which isn't all that encouraging, but at the same time...idk...it'd just be nice to have that little bit of extra flexibility, I guess, instead of living on a set $637/mo until the SSI office decides that isn't enough (they usually raise it about $10-$30 at the beginning of every year). It just seems like a lot of payment and so little payoff.
I'm still thinkin' though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to see your are thinking in through.