Thursday, January 1, 2009

B&N sux...but I still love them...

Well, I couldn't resist; I re-bought a B&N membership ($25) since my mom & sister were getting latte's for themselves anyway and there was a GREAT deal on a Phil Collins CD (which I've bought about 100 times already, I'm getting better, really!); NO JACKET REQUIRED for $7.99! That'd be a great deal ANYWHERE, but especially at B&N + a 10% discount!!

so I saved almost $3 in one trip; I plan to be getting more money later in the month in the form of a Circuit Breaker check, which I guess is supposed to give people rec'ing SSI a reason to keep living on $674 (as of 2009) a month...I mean, seriously; how is a mentally or physically disabled/impaired person who can't/won't work supposed to ever get a TV? Or a computer?

'not like I'm gonna blow all $400 that isn't already spoken for of the $660+ on B&N stuff; I'm really picky anyway AND I'm TRYING to keep myself from buying a bunch of junk...stuff that wouldn't really "qualify" as "junk" to most people tends to get resold for 1/3 or less of its original value when I buy it USED at a fair++ price; the % of loss would be that much worse if I get a bunch of NEW items at B&N...fact of the matter is, 10% is just that - 10%. If I'm gonna be the way I am and spend all my $100++ of personal spending $ on my own measily self, I might as well try to spread it out so I can have a better chance of getting something that I might actually want to keep...

as for that rude shet who hung up on me when I actually DID need help (those sales people are ALWAYS asking me if they can help me find something...ironic, IMO...), I can only pretend B&N hasn't intentionally kept a jerk on board to scare people like me, people who aren't "good enough" for them, away from their premises...B&N is still a neat place to go, and if it wasn't for that jerk, I probably wouldn't think twice about what I did today...luckily, his shift apparantly ended before I was even done looking around, so I didn't have to have him check me out...

No comments: