Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HD

I guess I haven't told you all (whoever "you all" is, if anyone...) that for the last week or more I've been seriously delving into various websites, trying to figure out what the best HDTV available to buy is - within my budget, that is. I went to Amazon, looked around at WalMart, Sam's Club (my mom's a member and she brings me with her sometimes, although I don't buy a lot there...), and some other stores, but just a couple days ago I found the ULTIMATE deal at - get this - BestBuy dot com! It's a Dynex 26" and the only thing bad about it is it requires an "HD antenna" (??) to receive broadcast television...idk, I guess they're all like that, so maybe that isn't a "bad thing"...idk...but it looks good, it's not all bulky and cadywampus (sp?) shaped like the old fashioned TVs (don't get me started on how DUMB just about everything pertaining to the old fashioned TVs was; the shape of the screen, the shape of the back, the SIZE of the back...need I say more?...) AND it's "HD", which really doesn't mean a whole lot to me, maybe it will when/ifI ever get a Blu-Ray player...GHOSTBUSTERS actually looks noticeaby worse on this new TV I have, whereas it looked like a film from the late 90's on my old TV...but I really don't need all my movies to look all glossy; if you ask me, that's what's wrong with 99% of horror films these days...at least partly; the MAIN problem with today's horror movies is they don't TRY to be scary, except to those who are easily scared. They try to be funny, hip, conventional, ANYTHING but nightmare inducing shreikfests that people under 17 ACTUALLY SHOULD NOT see...most "R rated" films aren't really that bad for viewers under 17, unless they're like 6 years old or whatever; by the time a child gets to be 13 or thereabout, most "kids" are able to watch R rated movies, provided parents are there to guide their children through them...the MPAA stamps the "R" rating on movies that Christian fanatics don't even believe should be legal. The children are just used as an excuse to bypass the "freedom of speech" aspect of the constitution...
But anyway...I feel much better now...well, I still feel the same, but in a different way...idk...I haven't posted any reviews of my purchase, because I haven't even had it for a day! What if it breaks down in 4 months or so? Or 3 days? Or 1 month? Na, I'm gonna write an INFORMATIVE review...this blog is where I shall bask in the glow of having my VERY FIRST HDTV, something I've been wanting to achieve for about 5+ years now...

No comments: