Monday, December 1, 2008

NEW

I just bought 4 CDs from Hastings

Armor For Sleep "what to do when you are dead"
Genesis "we can't dance"
Nirvana "Incesticide"
Silverstein "When Broken Is Easily Fixed"

the Silverstein one is HORRIDLY scratched, huge scratch running down...ugh...man...anyway...the Nirvana one was BRAND NEW, on sale for $5.99 (same price as Amazon!) although I ended up stacking a bag of groceries on top of it so the case is now cracked. The Genesis CD was only $1.99 and the Armor For Sleep CD was used at $7.49 which I think is a reasonable price for a CD as good as that one.

all together, it was less than $24, although I do intend to return the Silverstein one; which really sux 'cause I really looking forward to listening to it when I got home.

oh, yeah; dear mother also got me a couple CDs online over the weekend. Genesis DUKE and Judas Priest's STAINED CLASS (I'll be paying her back, not like she "gave" them to me or anything...).

so all together, I now have TEN CDs (counting the ones coming in the mail...). Would be 11, but dang it! My DVD/CD player MIGHT be capable of reading the Silverstein CD, but what about if I ever get a better sounding stereo system? Will the component(s) read the disc? Somewhere along the line I'm gonna be at least mildly annoyed by its (lack of?) presence and I don't really feel like ATTEMPTING to listen to a CD so obviously scratched when time and time again I have tried selling CDs to Hastings and they rejected them b/c of scratches way less noticable than this/that...

hopefully they won't give me any hassle over it...they have lousy customer service (see their feedback on Amazon under "gohastings").

No comments: