Monday, March 23, 2009

my life in art - revisited

  1. Soundtrack - Ghostbusters
  2. American Football - s/t
  3. Jackson Browne - The Next Voice You Hear: The Best Of
  4. Kate Bush - The Whole Story
  5. Cartel - Chroma
  6. Cold - Year of The Spider
  7. Phil Collins - Both Sides
  8. Genesis - Invisible Touch
  9. Gin Blossoms - Major Lodge Victory
  10. Hidden In Plain View - Resolution
  11. Number One Fan - Compromises
  12. Oingo Boingo - Skeletons In The Closet: The Best Of
  13. The Psychedelic Furs - World Outside
  14. Rush - Power Windows
  15. Saves The Day - Stay What You Are
  16. Sleepaway- s/t
  17. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
  18. The Starting Line - Based On A True Story
  19. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
  20. Toad The Wet Sprocket - Bread And Circus
  21. Toad The Wet Sprocket - Pale
  22. Toto - Toto IV
  23. Trespassers William - Different Stars
  24. Trespassers William - Having
  25. Virginwool- Open Heart Surgery
Most of these I don't listen to very often...maybe a few times a year at most...maybe 5 or so I listen to more than that; Genesis' INVISIBLE TOUCH I listen to quite often, as well as Trespassers William's 2 CDs listed here...Oingo Boingo's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF is another one; there's a few others I could probably listen to more often than I have been, like Toto IV, and TSL's BASED ON A TRUE STORY...lately I've been listening to BASED ON A TRUE STORY, since I just bought it earlier this month, and I've been listening to Number One Fan's COMPROMISES, which I finally broke down and shelled out $2.99 for a few days ago (just got in the mail today; came from Florida on Saturday; that's 2 days INCLUDING Sunday!!! The USPS is full of wonders...).

Oh, and I just bought the Smashing Pumpkins' SIAMESE DREAM for $2 at the Salvation Army at about the middle of this past week, and listened to it all the way through, found myself quite enjoying it...aside from its mythical-cult-like status, I didn't really think much of it until then...I guess I just never got past track 3 or so...track 3, exactly, was one of their radio hits (can't remember which one, I think it was called "Today"...), not that I have anything against radio hits just b/c they're on the radio, I just know that song so well, I don't need to hear it on CD...and the 1st two songs were pretty basic fuzz rock or whatever that's called...as the CD went on, it got to be pretty amazing; haven't listened to it since though. Experiences like that, for me at least, can't be easily replicated...

No comments: