Saturday, March 7, 2009

purely good moods

well, for those of you who don't have windows or live in Antarctica (are either of "you" even reading this?), the weather in the USA, or at least the greater part of the midwest, is very sweet; feels like the set of an arthouse film, it surely does...it's hard to describe.
It's weird how I'm enjoying BOTH SIDES (1993) by Phil Collins a lot more with this (Seal)crazy weather...I was listening to Tangerine Dream's PHAEDRA (1974), which I just got in the mail today from an Amazon mktplce seller, and it went good with all this wind...it's like the wind went through my body and the music went through my ears...or something like that...I guess that might not make a whole lotta sense without having heard PHAEDRA or anything by Tangerine Dream...if you've heard Yanni, just imagine something kind of along those lines as far as "genres" go, except more "experimental" sounding...
Oh, well, I just got the cables necessary to hook the DVD player up to the receiver that I had received via UPS on Wednesday this morning, so along with enjoying PHAEDRA, I just HAD to listen to INVISIBLE TOUCH (1986) by Genesis, since I know that CD like I would recognize the sky and it's one of those very detailed sonic-layered CDs; kind of like the yardstick to which I judge a stereo system's value...the sound quality isn't that great, but I guess for $175 apprx, that's about as much as I can expect. It definitely sounds better than my TV. And it looks a lot better than that $100 shelf system that I returned to Amazon several months ago. So basically I paid $75 for looks...man...I'm not worried about it, just interesting to think about, although not too much, or else I'll start devising some odd plan(s)...or maybe not...I mean, to ME $175 seems like a lot of $. But, really, it isn't...I mean, what can I do? If I return it, I'd be without a decent-looking and sounding sound system. Which I do not want. The only downside to it is I'm almost out of $, but that's not the sound system's fault, and I can certainly do without $ for 25 days apprx...I mean, all my bills are paid, and I got a few+ CDs coming in the mail. Junk/fast food isn't worth the $ I'd spend on it anyway...I have like $1.50 (I think) on my debit card, which I could use to buy some junk food at the grocery a little ways up the street, but I was too lazy to walk there and I finally decided on tomato soup for dinner, so it's not even a big deal anymore...but, of course, this isn't the last battle with "snack attack"(s), so I know I'm in a little bit of a rut, but music is important to me, so it's just shameful to return a music-enhancing system for the sake of some food that I SHOULDN'T BE EATING(!). That makes sense to me. Sorry, I'm just kinda thinking out loud, so everyone (...) knows my intentions...I want to and plan to keep this system. It's gonna be difficult, but I think I can do it.

No comments: