Monday, March 16, 2009

this is me at the ending of Forrest Gump...

I owe my cats an apology, although I'm not sure what good it would do to talk this out to them...

I had a nice dream a month or two ago, actually I think it was like two nights in a row, maybe not, about living in my birth-state, California. I remember beauty all day every day every where, in the mid-part of that place, a couple driving-hours away from San Francisco. A lot of people imagine California as being some unbearably hot place, but those people are the ones that are sold on the concept of Los Angeles being the only city in California. In Monterey county, it was fairly cold, it rarely got hot. It rained a lot, but there was often a glow of sun when it wasn't raining, and the air was sprinkled with the feel of the nearby ocean. In the actual town of Monterey, there was a lot of places where you had to park your car away from and then walk to in order to be...I remember riding the bus, a beautiful machine in and of itself, around the tourist town of Monterey. Of course, the town right next to Monterey was, and probably still is, infested with drug dealers and gang-violence. As with most social disgraces, the police can't do much about it except drive them away to someplace else (isn't jurisdiction great?), which, in this case, would be (possibly) Monterey; and the tourists wouldn't like that, so they'd stop coming and tell their friends to do the same...kinda sux that the police are society's only answer to the problems that arise, when society itself could be fixing these problems, but nobody seems to understand or accept that the social disgraces of the world, like weeds, have roots; the roots need to be destroyed. Easier said than done (A LOT easier said than done), but it's the only way. But, I think, deep down, society doesn't want a perfect world. If it was desired, we would put our resources to good use and fix them and they would never haunt our lives again.

But about that apology; (went from that to the explanation of the reason for the apology to something pretty much unrelated...sorry...) If I ever traded this billy hill for the Wild West, I would have to get rid of my cats; they are my only companions, aside from my pair of immediate family members that live nearby;

see, when I lived in California, I was plauged by symptoms of allergies. One of those allergins was cats; I was over 13 and 1/2 when I moved from California to Missouri, and I noticed almsot instantly that my allergy symptons were virtually non existent when I began living with my adopted grand mother until my mother found me and my sister (and herself) a place to live...

It's bad enough knowing that Napoleon isn't gonna live forever, but to just DITCH him would be heartbreaking...I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to make it in California, just b/c I'm not very resourceful and wise at making best use of what limited resources I know of, but when I realized this about my cats I couldn't believe I was even mildly considering it!

shame, shame, SHAME on ME...

Napoleon, I apologize. Dang it, he didn't even look up at me. He's sleeping on my bed...well, what life do I have to blog about aside from my thoughts? Here, happy? I wrote a new post, go fetch...BLEH...

No comments: