Monday, October 31, 2011

Room

My Mom's friends Margaret had been planning to move in to me and my mom's house for some time...at least a month; she finally did, like 3? days ago...she made us french toast yesterday afternoon.

I got $6 from those 3 CDs & a book I had bought on impulse and never had enough interest in it to try to fit it in my media shelf, located in the closet.  Most of that $6 came from two of the CDs, can't remember exactly which ones...

I deleted the listing for Genesis' INVISIBLE TOUCH I mentioned having listed on Amazon.  I mean, my one and only friend bought it for me, even though I don't have most of what he's bought me in the past, and I know dang well I'll end up buying it again - and again, and again....I need to keep a special edition of it around so I can't get rid of it as easily!  Speaking of INVISIBLE TOUCH, I accidentally heard the remixed 2007 version of the title track on MySpace and found myself not really caring that much about the differences in sound between the original mix and the 2007 one.  The 2007 one packs more punch, albeit with more distortion, which I honestly don't have a problem with.  With so many different types of music INTENTIONALLY adding distortion, why can't Genesis?  I probably would say I prefer the 1986 mix by Hugh Padgeham over the 2007 Nick Davis remix if I hadn't heard the 1986 version so many times that I'm downright sick of it most of the time and *tolerating* it most of the rest of the time...
I need to read more.  So many books, so little time...idk...I just wish I could be more believable as somebody else, somebody with a bigger brain, and enough common sense to enjoy life more...I don't know why I always see those professor types, the ones with itchy jackets and a button up shirt underneath, and itchy pants (not sure what that material is called, they also make blankets out of that material), and a book in their hands, sitting in a chair that envelops them, and if they weren't in public you could just imagine them sitting in front of a fireplace with a pipe hanging out of their mouth...I see them and I think "I want to be him".  His life is probably not much better than mine, maybe he has more pride and dignity, maybe he enjoys his work...idk...I always feel like I have bugs crawling in my skin, just coursing through my veins, destroying my foundation slowly but surely so that I'll rot and lie stinking in the Earth when I'm 40...which I know, or at least I *think* I know is b/c of all the junk I eat.  I don't remember what I've eaten lately that would make me feel that way; maybe I drink too much milk/hot chocolate...my caffeine intake is probably too high b/c of that as well...and I haven't lost anywhere neat the weight I need to.  I still weigh at least 250 lbs...which is 60 lbs more than recommended...

I think I should transfer my favorite CDS to FLAC files and take SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF OINGO BOINGO and GHOSTBUSTERS: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM and find a way to display them.  Maybe buy a few "vintage" VHS tapes, ones with super-great covers and display those and put my DVDs in a better place, hidden...my room in general needs to be cleaned, like DEEEEP.......I need to get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor, and pick up all the little pieces of trash I have laying around...then I really need to, when I get some moolah, buy a "TV stand" and put my stuff on it so I have more room, my "table" takes up WAAAAY too much room....dannnrg...ate too much candy today...I feel sick already...

No comments: