Tuesday, October 25, 2011

to sell some gifts that I got...

EWW!  The only CDs I have are OLD!  Not like it matters really I have over half a dozen on MP3 CDs/CD-Rs...I just listened to The Get Up Kids' SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT, then Hidden In Plain View's RESOLUTION (which I also own on CD), followed by Mineral's THE POWER OF FAILING, and Senses Fail's LIFE IS NOT A WAITING ROOM and STILL SEARCHING, plus The Starting Line's SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT & last but not least WE THE KINGS by We The Kings...I was actually asleep through most of all those, but my subconscious still heard it (?)...I think it had been AT LEAST a month since I even touched that disc, probably much longer.  Most of the music on that MP3 CD is legally mine, some if it used to be...some of it wasn't legal at the time, but became legal...
But anyway; hopefully in less than an hour I'll be on my way to sell the most recent 3 CDs I own - not like recent as in "new release", but, ya know, recently acquired by me...New Order's INTERNATIONAL: THE BEST OF being 2002 (semi-old), The Smith's LOUDER THAN BOMBS (modern classic) and Hawthorne Height's SKELETONS (semi-recent).  The CDs I won't be selling are Phil Collins' BOTH SIDES, Hidden In Plain View's RESOLUTION and Oingo Boingo's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF.  If anyone ever finds it, maybe I'll (eventually?) sell my Japanese mini-LP pressing of Genesis' INVISIBLE TOUCH, which will probably be replaced by a regular pressing.  I don't know when or if it will sell b/c Amazon's listings are so screwy.  If you type in 'GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH', it won't show up, but if you type in 'INVISIBLE TOUCH' it will.  Not to mention the CD has been out of print for several years, which means I'll get more $ out of it, but also means there's a lot less people to draw from.  I mean, the mini-LP replica was first released in 1999, and those mini-LP editions almost always go out of print, but they usually come back every year or two if the demand is strong enough.  That CD only came back once, in 2001 I think...the only reason I wanted the thing was b/c it's the only edition of that CD that I'm aware of that has been remastered w/o a bunch of remixing as well, which I should have known means very little if anything; most remasters don't really improve my enjoyment of the recording; Michael Jackson's BAD will always be Michael Jackson - BAD, even if the 2001 remaster is a little amped up in comparison to the original edition, which is hard to gauge without SOMETHING more than a DVD player playing through TV speakers.  And they don't make shelf systems that are worth anything anymore.  Sony has a bunch of shelf systems that are rated four+ stars by Amazon customers - but all of them are from 2010 or later; the ones from 2009 or older have 3 1/2 stars - you know why?  Because a lot of them failed to operate 3 years after purchase and a significant amount of 4 or 5 star reviews became 1-3 star reviews and some people who probably wouldn't have written a review otherwise probably jumped on deck as well...so I'm probably not going to be buying a Sony shelf system.  Panasonic has several, but I don't know if any of them are safe to put near TVS or computers, and there's no where in between that I can put a shelf system.  The cheapest shelf system I can find is $300, which is a rather big chunk of money that I don't even know if I'll ever have, and that shelf system, made by Yamaha, cannot be hooked up with my DVD player, which means concert DVDS and movies will still sound mediocre.  Actually, I take that back - I think Onkyo makes a fairly good+ unit that has inputs...I'll check in a moment......why am I writing?  Am I done?  I think so...

Oh, wait!  Great news!  My dormant friend Chris Gipson has joined gmail!  Hopefully this means I'll be in touch with him more via Gmail's built in chat feature...

No comments: